Solved! Disable faulty GPU that is not showing in Device Manager

Dec 16, 2020
I have this interesting problem. Recently something on my motherboard broke and it made dedicated GPU faulty. I solved it by disabling the GPU in devm. After months I forgot and enabled GPU again. Mistake. Now my pc is unstable and randomly restarts or throws blue screen. Problem is the pc wont detect it and not shows in devm. I tried in Safe mode aswell. What to do? How can I permanently disable gpu?

Solution
There are a few other options in Dev Manager you may have tried: Scan for HW and Show Hidden Devices. I'm just grasping at straws here as I don't know what to do. If you know the name of the driver (likely a .sys file in Windows/System32), you could try to rename it. I've looked for drivers that way but the problem is you will likely find files with the same names in several spots. If you do find the right one, Windows may not let you rename it (file in use) or you may end up messing up your system good. Sorry I can't be more help.
There are a few other options in Dev Manager you may have tried: Scan for HW and Show Hidden Devices. I'm just grasping at straws here as I don't know what to do. If you know the name of the driver (likely a .sys file in Windows/System32), you could try to rename it. I've looked for drivers that way but the problem is you will likely find files with the same names in several spots. If you do find the right one, Windows may not let you rename it (file in use) or you may end up messing up your system good. Sorry I can't be more help.

Solution