Solved! DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

G

I just put in a new hard drive in a 5year old tasiba labtop. I boot and it says disk foot failure, insert system disk. I did everything, like Bios and put the boot to Hdd and it says the say thing, boot again, went into bios tne change every thing on at a time to 1st on boot, but everything does not work. I tried another new hard drive and onother hard drive and come up with same disk boot failure. Everything was working till I put in sp3 and Now I can not even get into safemode or windows. I am running XP on it, I can not get past the Boot system failure, please help.

Solution
Need to fix the bootmgr. Put in the Windows DVD, boot from it and choose the repair option. That will keep your programs and most of the settings and data, although some drivers might be replaced with the generic ones. These can be re-installed later.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Need to fix the bootmgr. Put in the Windows DVD, boot from it and choose the repair option. That will keep your programs and most of the settings and data, although some drivers might be replaced with the generic ones. These can be re-installed later.

Solution

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

Sounds like he did already. Hope he did, anyways. Installing OS on HDD always helps. That would be the first step, there would be nothing to repair if there was nothing on the HDD in the first place.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I just put in a new hard drive in a 5year old tasiba labtop. I boot and it says disk foot failure, insert system disk. I did everything, like Bios and put the boot to Hdd and it says the say thing, boot again, went into bios tne change every thing on at a time to 1st on boot, but everything does not work. I tried another new hard drive and onother hard drive and come up with same disk boot failure. Everything was working till I put in sp3 and Now I can not even get into safemode or windows. I am running XP on it, I can not get past the Boot system failure, please help.
I hope you mean you're running XP on the new HDD, right?

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008

the way I read it, he just installed the hard drive and did not reinstall the OS. Hopefully the OP can clear this up for us. Kinda hard to help otherwise

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, I thought he mentioned putting SP3 on it and I assumed... XP SP3. You're right though, the OP has the answer to this dilemma.