Display Driver Has Stopped Responding and Recovered AMD

yodivanbaped

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
I keep facing this problem since I bought my laptop.

This crash only happen when I play games (Dota 2, Fifa, etc.)
No BSOD happen, only some screen lags then back to normal again...

My laptop is HP Pavilion 15-p229ax
with the spec:

CPU - AMD A10 - 5745M @ 2.10Ghx (with AMD HD Graphic 8610G)
GPU - AMD Radeon R7 260M
OS - Windows 10 64-bit

Also I dont understand how the GPU works since my laptop having like 2 GPUs (maybe? one is HD 8610G and another is R7 260M). If I go to dxdiag it only show the 8610, even if I go to HWMonitor, it will show the same. No R7 260M detected. Only GPU-Z detecs the R7 260M.

Last one, I cannot see AMD OverDrive on my Catalyst Control Center.

Please help me with this problem.
Thanks before.

Solution
The 2 gpus are meant to work in crossfire by default. Your display driver crashing is due to a faulty gpu. Rma your laptop, it's really the best way to fix it. If you can't rma it ask a local hp PC repair center to swap the broken gpu. You can do it your self but depending on the laptop it can be from very hard to near impossible.

yodivanbaped

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

Yeah it shows both, but Im still wondering how do it works...

Also the problem with driver stopped responding, its really annoying when I play games

Finstar

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
The 2 gpus are meant to work in crossfire by default. Your display driver crashing is due to a faulty gpu. Rma your laptop, it's really the best way to fix it. If you can't rma it ask a local hp PC repair center to swap the broken gpu. You can do it your self but depending on the laptop it can be from very hard to near impossible.

Solution

yodivanbaped

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

are you saying that one of my GPU is broken so I need to swap it?? this laptop is new (like 4 or 5 months old) and this problem appears since the VERY FIRST time I play dota...

Finstar

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
If it's that new, rma should be no problem. Laptops like this one always have tested drivers preinstalled. And if something isn't working it usually is a hardware problem.

yodivanbaped

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

now i know that RMA is my last choice.. but if you might know something, does this problem might appear because of windows problem?
some said that there is some error in windows original copy that makes crash appears sometimes...

Finstar

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

I doubt windows having anything to do with the crashes, but your amd drivers instead are worth updating if you haven't already updated them, Also try to find the latest software updates for your laptop. There can also be a problem with the drivers that hasn't yet been fixed, some googling can help with that... knowing amd i definitely would't rule out the driver problems.

yodivanbaped

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

I updated to the newest driver and that problem will still appear, now I'm trying to downgrade my driver and boom, BSOD happen so I need to reinstall windows hahaha

yodivanbaped

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015

Im planning to RMA it too... Nope, if I disable I cant even change my resolution into the best resolution suited for my laptop.. I think RMA is the best way right now since I tried to fix all software problems but nothing happen, so hardware is the main problem right here...