display ports problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moha__

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
Hey, I have a problem that my laptop considers the HDMI as a port1 I formatted the laptop on and external monitor and now the only recognized display is the external monitor. when I click detect it shows that there's another output display AMD but it doesn't work and says another display isn't detected

fxv300

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
re the AMD device, make sure you install the latest drivers.
Also in device manager you can try uninstalling the detected monitor. Scan for new devices may help.
If your system detects both displays you will have a choice to make one video device as the main screen.
Do you output the sound via HDMi ?
Will be interested to know if you make any progress.

By the way make sure you have all the latest drivers for your device.

Moha__

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
Thanks for your answer, the sound comes from the TV yeah unless I don't plug the HDMI, if I don't the sounds come from the laptop but screen is black. when I plug the HDMI in the screen shows up on TV as the 1.Display when I try to detect as I said, it says " available output display device AMD " graphics card model " and down beside " multiple display " it says no display detected. I will try what you said but I'm not sure it will work cause I tried something like this before, I have been struggling in this problem for like 6-7 months :(

Flashgo1

Estimable
Mar 11, 2016
If disconected, will the bios show on laptop screen? If so try going into safe mode with basic video and uninstall the driver. Disconnect TV and reboot. Let the system reinstall the correct drivers.

Moha__

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

No, if disconnected the screen will be black and the laptop will boot normally but with a black screen. you can also hear the windows welcoming sound

fxv300

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010

fxv300

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Hi Moha, your best bet is to try and boot up in safe mode with the external monitor disconnected. Then you can removed and re-install the display drivers.
If using F8 at boot does not give you access to SAFE MODE, see my guide to how to enable safe mode here.
https://youtu.be/rRZ4jfwAHwU

Moha__

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

Hey, I tired to boot into safe mode with TV connected and then uninstall the AMD display drivers, disconnect the TV and restart but it didn't help,

Moha__

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

yeah it's AMD and my laptop is HP what's the CCC and how can I download the latest version of the card below

I have Hp pavilion 15-n083sa
AMD Radeon HD 7620G/8670M Dual GPU

http://up.harajgulf.com/do.php?img=634565

this pic I took using TV when i duplicate it shows an unknown display which is " i think " my laptop's screen

fxv300

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010

Would be interested to know what SAFE MODE does. That usually loads a very generic VGA driver.

Moha__

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

safe mode didn't help, I posted a pic of what i get when i detect displays connected to my laptop, the screen shows as an unknown display :/ I'm so confused of this weird problem

Status
Not open for further replies.