Display screen has horizontal lines

cwrcwr2

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
My Toshiba laptop screen has green horizontal lines crossing it. I have to move the screen up and down to remove the lines. It seems to be like I have a bad connection between the keyboard and the screen. What can I do to eliminate this problem?

I am running Windows 10 Home 64 bit operating system with 6 GB of RAM. I have a AMD A5-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.5 /ghz processor.
When I turn the laptop on sometimes I get horizontal green lines across my screen or the screen just goes black. When I move the top of the laptop up or down it changes the screen this usually clears it up but not always.

Is there anything I can do to check/clean the connection/contacts between the keyboard/base of the laptop and the monitor/top of the laptop.

Check the Video cable connection first. I would also plug it in to an external monitor and see if the problem replicates on the external LCD. If the problem replicates on the external monitor, then there is an issue with your GPU. If it does not replicate on the external monitor, then it's just a screen / video cable issue.

cwrcwr2

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

I hooked up to my TV and got a great picture. Where can I get a diagram that shows the cable connection in the laptop between the monitor and the main part of the laptop?