Display works with macbook, but not windows (though it used to)

luckycharms

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Hi Folks,

I have an Asus VE247H. I've used it for years with my thinkpad t410, connected via DVI via a docking station. My wife now uses it with her ~2009 macbook pro, connected via mini-displayport. We've had no problems - the mac connects to the monitor without a hitch.

Now, however, I'm have some work to do at home, and am trying to connect my Dell M3800 to the monitor via both the displayport cable as well as a known good HDMI cable. The computer does not recognize the monitor as being connected. I've successfully connected this computer to other projectors and displays via HDMI in the past. I've also tried another windows 7 laptop with an HDMI out, and it doesn't detect the display either.

There is something funny that happens when the displays are connected to the laptops: the HDMI blue screen on the monitor sometimes comes up when connected to or disconnected from either windows laptop. So, it seems like *something* is being communicated between the devices.

Any thoughts on what might be going on, and if there's any chance to fix it? I figure something must have broken inside the monitor, but i'm really not sure. Thanks in advance.

Win 7 Enterprise x64
Dell M3800 with Intel/Nvidia optimus

Solution
Connect to other working display and Use Driver Booster from iOBit to Find Missing,Outdated and Damaged Drivers and Download and Install it and then Try again.Finally Check your Cable.Check with another Cable and see if it works.

bharathbigb

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Connect to other working display and Use Driver Booster from iOBit to Find Missing,Outdated and Damaged Drivers and Download and Install it and then Try again.Finally Check your Cable.Check with another Cable and see if it works.

Solution

luckycharms

Distinguished
May 16, 2009

guess so? But it works with a macbook just fine, so not entirely so. I really don't have any idea what the issue is. I was hoping there might be some way to force windows/graphics driver to push a signal down the hdmi line, or something like that. dunno...

bharathbigb

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Finally if nothing works,Dissassemble your PC,Clean the Parts (Sockets,Wires,Fans,etc),Re-connect and torque everything and then Try again.You can also Re-Install Windows 7 if it didnt help.

TRENDING THREADS