Divorcing Couples Using Smartphones as Legal Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokkdawg

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
People are idiots. Get a second cell phone and keep that shit hidden. Costs nothing compared to your crazy spouse taking half your stuff.

G

[citation][nom]hokkdawg[/nom]People are idiots. Get a second cell phone and keep that shit hidden. Costs nothing compared to your crazy spouse taking half your stuff.[/citation]

Until she finds it. I learned that lesson from Breaking Bad.

What this shows me is how much the Government needs to get out of the marriage business all together. No more paying for courts and lawyers and having to listen to all the gay crying. Let marriage remain a religious ceremony, let the government focus on things that actually matter instead of who cheated on who.

d-isdumb

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
Cell phones are over-rated and people are tools. My answering machine serves me just fine and I don't need no freaking leash attached to me in the form of a cell phone.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Welcome to modern life. If you are not smart enough to keep your secrets encrypted or password protect you text messages, then you should not be sending or receiving risky messages. Relations are complicated arrangements. Often they work because of some side thing that brings some zest
to an otherwise familiar and often routine existence. You can't be everything all the time to another person. To try is futile. As a rule I don't go into my other half's email or private messages even if I can, and surely I could break in if I wanted. What happens during a business trip is not my business if it does not threaten me. I also expect things to be handled intelligently and all traces to be removed from my view. I promise to do the same.

My advise for people who use the android platform is to consider some of these apps.

Handcent SMS:

"Additional security options allow you to password protect and hide individual messages with the Privacy Box or secure all of your messages. These protections apply regardless if they are viewed in Handcent SMS, the stock Android messaging app, or any third party applications!"

Or you might try to password protect applications by using:
Smart App Protector(app lock)
"Smart App Protector will protect your installed applications using a password or pattern!"

This will prevent unwanted parties from accessing your email application.

Or you might consider: Secret Box-Hide Picture & SMS

"Secret Box hides your pictures, call logs, messages and videos from prying eyes for FREE. Keep your private information safe and hide pictures, videos, contacts and call logs quickly and easily. Secret Box is so well hidden; people won’t even know it’s there!"

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]hokkdawg[/nom]People are idiots. Get a second cell phone and keep that shit hidden. Costs nothing compared to your crazy spouse taking half your stuff.[/citation]

You know.. it appears on her phone too. -.-

dietcreamsoda

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
[citation][nom]n3ard3ath[/nom]Sight...Why marry in the first place?[/citation]

That was exactly my immediate thought too. As to the "free sex" remark...that's easy to get when you're single. In fact it's easier, and you get to bang someone new every so often instead of the same thing night after night after night....

imsurgical

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Welcome to modern life. If you are not smart enough to keep your secrets encrypted or password protect you text messages, then you should not be sending or receiving risky messages...[/citation]

There's a thing called trust and insecurity. You seem to misplace trust with ignorance for your "other half" if you can't trust one another with the way you seem to be comfortable with methods of deception and secrets you mention. And because you seem to be insecure about all that you feel like its okay for you to do those thing because you think or rather know your other half does, if that's the case why'd you "get with that" in the first place? Being able to get into their secrets but not wanting to sounds like denial or evasiveness for not wanting to discuss your concerns with your other half which you'd think would promote a healthy longstanding relationship? Just my guess and I'm certainly not a relationship counselor, but that's the stuff right there that in part defines superficial relationships or marriages.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
When it all comes down to it, people are never satisfied and are just plain greedy. No one wants to be just happy, anymore. Seriously, what's the point of marriage, anymore? If you're greedy, you aren't marriage material. See your local brothel or Craigslist hooker for pleasure.

I don't see how any of this is allowed in court. Unless there is concrete evidence that they wrote the messages, there is no way to prove the owner of the phone actually wrote any of the messages. The same goes for e-mail and such.

The other spouse could just be using the others phone sending messages back and forth with a conspirator, or with a phone paid by cash that is not registered to any name. If the accused does not know how to check old text messages they would never know this was happening. The same can go with e-mail or anything else electronic. Many spouses know each others passwords. If they use a non password protected computer with an e-mail client this would be even easier.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I never understood the point of trying to villainize your former spouse in such a way in a court of law. It isn't like our law is set out to reward the good spouse and punish the bad one. If for example the wife was caught cheating it doesn't make the husband walk away with more when the divorce happens. It likely won't have any effect even in a custody battle if kids are involved.

I happen to be divorced and I am not going to waste my life bad mouthing my ex-wife.
Instead I choose to move on with my life, improve it, and enjoy my life. Why the courts even allow such drama is beyond me, if I was a judge I wouldn't want to hear how Bob was sleeping with his secretary, I don't care and neither does the law. If your truly unhappy with your current spouse then divorce and move on.

On a side note, wouldn't a text message be protected under the same law as mail? Where it is not legal for anyone to open it unless it is directed towards you? I know emails are protected under this law and really a text message is in the same family.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Give it up guys....

The femi-nazi's have permanently skewed the courts in the womans' favor.

If you feel that losing more than half your crap is not worth a particular woman.... then don't do it....

No woman is worth it actually.....

Status
Not open for further replies.