DNLA audio issues

bignastyid

Splendid
When streaming video's from my pc to my home theater system the audio cuts out, the video plays fine. If i turn the receiver off the audio plays fine on the tv speakers, but when going through the receiver it cuts outs and the receivers screen will actually blink. The receiver is connected to the TV via optical spdif. Audio from HDMI streams just fine from the tv to the receiver, its just with some videos across DNLA. Issue is with most of my .mkv, .mp4 and even some .avi files. Tv is a Samsung Un46C6300 and receiver is a Samsung hw-700b. I have tried 2 different spdif cables that both work fine on other equipment.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
I notice something like that when my PC switches audio formats and it takes the receiver a couple seconds to change. But that would only make sense if the video files have more than one audio format in them. Mine only does it when I'm switching from Windows audio to a video file and vice versa. Did you try setting your reciever to something like "direct input" or something? I know my Onkyo has that option, and I think it just shuts off all audio processing on the reciever and plays exactly what it's getting from the machine. I could be wrong on that, haven't really looked in to it.