Does changing Youtube video quality affect sound quality?

Cahilonius

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015
Does changing Youtube video quality affect sound quality? I don't notice a difference myself when going from 240p to 1080p. I'm asking this mostly because when playing Dota I like to listen to music without losing too much fps. With 1080p it takes too much fps. Also, is there a way to close/hide the video, and just keep the video playing to get more fps? (I have Spotify premium, but it doesn't have all the songs I like to listen to)

Solution
Changing the Youtube video quality only affects video, not sound/audio quality. I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to close the youtube video and just have Dota open. You would have to keep both tabs open for the music and Dota to run at the same time. I used to put the video quality down (on my old PC) whilst playing games because it lowered the games FPS. So just put the video quality on lowest and you should be set..

VladimirPutinIsOP

Estimable
Jul 8, 2015
Changing the Youtube video quality only affects video, not sound/audio quality. I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to close the youtube video and just have Dota open. You would have to keep both tabs open for the music and Dota to run at the same time. I used to put the video quality down (on my old PC) whilst playing games because it lowered the games FPS. So just put the video quality on lowest and you should be set..

Solution

Cahilonius

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015

Thanks!

Zylar Adama

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017

Are you for real? Of course it downgrades the sound quality as well. Inform yourself better before you throw inaccurate information.

Zylar Adama

Prominent
Apr 6, 2017

Yes, it affects sound quality as well, not a huge difference though. Running Youtube videos in background relies on the power of your CPU, you could try lowering the priority of your browser through Task Manager (ctrl-alt-delete) on the "Processes" tab.

DiamondxCrafting

Estimable
Jan 20, 2015

No it doesnt affect audio quality, he is right.. so "Inform yourself better before you throw inaccurate information.
"