Does editing in movie maker reduce quality?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
every time i edit 1080p game recordings from FRAPS the quality and level of detail comes down... Why?
Is there a setting to stop this from happening?

ViewBens

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
I use fraps too for gaming recording. Fps-120 and amazing HD if i play it. The thing is
Note that as you save any kind of video in movie maker the max Hd is only fps-60 and the video bit rate is only 13500 even you go to "custom settings":( you can view the full quality of you're original recorded video by right clicking it ---> properties ---> details. So if you have a really good video run fps-120 above with vbite-1480000 above it will only come out to the max of movie maker can afford fps60 and vbite-13500. Thats alot of compressing.

War___

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
Everyone, Offcourse, When you use windows movie maker for editing, the final saved file as HD Definition will come as
low quality video because of (High to Low) compression.

So.. this is what you need to do .... ;)

After ur file .AVI (Size 2-4 GB) convert the file to .mp4 using Handbrake http://handbrake.fr/ and then edit in
movie maker and finally save as High Definition . Your Video will now look with amazing quality.

Problem : This .AVI has format problem with windows movie maker as a result it compresses and spoil's the quality.:bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS