Dolby Atmos home theatre

dan62

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
So, I am putting together a home theatre in my house and I want to use Dolby Atmos because of the reviews I have heard about it. I am using this receiver YAMAHA AVENTAGE RX-A2070 9.2 ch AV Receiver with an LG C7 OLED tv and another 7 speakers (buying 2 Dolby compatible ones) but what I would like to know is Dolby Atmos its own channel. Do I plug it into the same speaker plugs on the receiver like the rest of my speakers? It would be great if I got answer thanks :)

Solution
Yes Atmos has it's own channels. There will be speaker terminals for 2 Atmos speaker on a 9.2 receiver. There may be line level outputs for an additional amp + 2 more Atmos speakers.
The owners manual will have all the set up info you need. The auto set up of the receiver should detect the Atmos speakers and configure itself accordingly.
If you are going to add a pair of Atmos speakers that sit on top of your front L/R speakers it will not work nearly as well as having actual ceiling speakers. Your other speakers should not be mounted above you head in an Atmos system.
Yes Atmos has it's own channels. There will be speaker terminals for 2 Atmos speaker on a 9.2 receiver. There may be line level outputs for an additional amp + 2 more Atmos speakers.
The owners manual will have all the set up info you need. The auto set up of the receiver should detect the Atmos speakers and configure itself accordingly.
If you are going to add a pair of Atmos speakers that sit on top of your front L/R speakers it will not work nearly as well as having actual ceiling speakers. Your other speakers should not be mounted above you head in an Atmos system.

Solution