Solved! DOLBY ATMOS sound

Dec 27, 2018
HI ,I tried playing my new Blue-ray copy of the new Mission Impossible movie ,but there is no Centre channel sound. The voices are in Stereo mode. I have a Sony blue ray, plus Denon processor.I have since sent the copy back to Amazon.Any ideas ?

Solution
If the BR looks factory and not home-made like, most likely is your settings. U have nothing else to test this with? Broadcast/cable TV sends you DD, should be able to verify with that. Beyond, yeah an optical disc with atmos encoding.
If the BR looks factory and not home-made like, most likely is your settings. U have nothing else to test this with? Broadcast/cable TV sends you DD, should be able to verify with that. Beyond, yeah an optical disc with atmos encoding.

Solution
Dec 27, 2018
Hi There,
The disc menu had a) English Dolby Atmos.b ) German 5.1 c) Spanish 5.1 D ) French 5.1 .When switched to the 5.1 programmes ,the centre speaker sound (vocal) worked perfectly, but, when I selected the English Dolby Atmos programme, the centre speaker sound vanished ,and it reverted back to stereo left/right voice sound.
I have a Denon AVR-1909 Receiver ,maybe its time to upgrade ?