Download win 7 drivers before ugrading from Win xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulnkathy

Estimable
May 25, 2015
I have a Toshiba Satellite L25 S1192 with win Xp Pro SP3, how can I get windows 7 drivers for it. I am going to install win 7 Ultimate shortly.
Toshiba's driver web site only lets me download XP drivers.

Solution
If Toshiba have no Windows 7 drivers for that model then your screwed I'm afraid - - Toshiba are the only official source of drivers for their own laptops, same applies to other laptop manufacturers.

Your stuck with XP on that model unfortunately.

You could install Windows 7 and then spend weeks or even months scouring the net for drivers which work but until then you'll have no networking, screwed up graphics, no audio & who knows what else, so that's entirely up to you if you've got the patience & persistence.
If Toshiba have no Windows 7 drivers for that model then your screwed I'm afraid - - Toshiba are the only official source of drivers for their own laptops, same applies to other laptop manufacturers.

Your stuck with XP on that model unfortunately.

You could install Windows 7 and then spend weeks or even months scouring the net for drivers which work but until then you'll have no networking, screwed up graphics, no audio & who knows what else, so that's entirely up to you if you've got the patience & persistence.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.