G

Hi will post this here and in the mb forum. Does anyone know if the new soyo dragon+ motherboard will be compatible with the pinnacle dv500plus capture card? thanks..t

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't know for sure but the 500 should be a regular PCI card and any MB with PCI slots should work.

Remember if you ain't Muslim you ain't Shiite.

G

Thanks lakedude...they say it is incompatible with some mb 's....so was just wondering..t

twinux

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2001
Any incompatiblity between a capture card and a mobo would seem related to that motherboard having an onboard vid card. If that mobo does not have an onboard vid card you are probably safe. If it does I would go out to both company websites and drop them an email.

Remember, if you are muslim, you ain't shiite. j/k lake

G

Actually most on boad display cards are compatible with Video capture and edit. (including the server orianted with 4M PCI on board).
Quality and speed are somthing else........

twinux

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2001
Agreed, most are. But as you can read, brightsword read somewhere that this particular combination was not. In the case where it is not I would say that it would have to do something with on-board vid.

In war the idea is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his.