Driver_power_state_failure while formatting

anhpound

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
Hi guys,

Sp, initially I had an issue described here:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3132928/nvidia-graphic-driver-find-compatible-graphics-hardware.html?_ga=1.229939541.837545076.1469623921

After many hours I couldn't resolve the issue and thus, decided to do a full format. During that process when my laptop needed restarting, the error occurs: driver power state failure.

I tried many times but regardless of what I do during the installation process the same error jumps out and the process repeats from the beginning.

I also tried to insert an usb with my old windows in it, but it won't load the usb even after entering bios and choosing the boot order.

When I bought the laptop it had windows 8, later on I upgraded to windows 10. Now when the blue screen with some options jumps out it gives me an option to continue to Windows 8.1.

I have no clue what to do now and would really appreciate some help.

Best regards.

Solution
For future reference, there is another option to try if the system is trying to use the wrong graphics card.

For your current error, try booting the computer in "Safe Mode" and see if it will allow it.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10 ...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the...
For future reference, there is another option to try if the system is trying to use the wrong graphics card.

For your current error, try booting the computer in "Safe Mode" and see if it will allow it.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10 ...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In regards to the BIOS and boot order for USB usage, you might try setting it to not only load the USB first, but to 'only' load the USB. This may allow it to install a new OS copy.

Solution

m680501

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016