Droid X is Verizon's Answer to Sprint's EVO 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
WOW it's really thin. But then they have to go and add that awkward bulge by the camera >.< if they could eliminate then it would look sooo much better.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Looks huge, but otherwise cool. Competition is great!!! Thanks to all the Androids and iPhones to push this segment at an incredible pace. (Well, okay maybe a little thanx to Palm and Microsoft too along with Blackberry.) Not long anymore and for what's feasible with such a small screen, but laptops become more and more obsolete for most private users. (No matter which vendor or provider you hate/love, the big players all are doing their part in this race!)

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
I can't wait to type on a phone keyboard that recognizes multiple keys being held down at the same time. Finally, typing lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol will be nice and easy.

G

EVO has a web cam already. Way before the apple release. Also 4G capability.

crabsncancer

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
Wait, so before people have received their HTC Incredible pre-orders, Verizon is going to launch another phone that is supposed to be better? Doesn't that kind of screw their own customers?

foscooter

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Ok: Sprint = HTC EVO 4G
Verizon = Motorolad Droid X
T-Moible = HTC HD2, which is now dated! And Windows!

Come on HTC HD3, or HD2 Pro (with slide out keyboard)!!!

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]crabsncancer[/nom]Wait, so before people have received their HTC Incredible pre-orders, Verizon is going to launch another phone that is supposed to be better? Doesn't that kind of screw their own customers?[/citation]
Depends on the price. They could sell the Droid X at a higher premium.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]crabsncancer[/nom]Wait, so before people have received their HTC Incredible pre-orders, Verizon is going to launch another phone that is supposed to be better? Doesn't that kind of screw their own customers?[/citation]

You have a 30 day limbo period where you can return your phone for a different model =P.

daniel123244

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]outacontrolpimp[/nom]Where is the webcam?? Its needs a webcam to be top of the line, because in 3 months most phones will probably have a webcam to fallow apple.[/citation]

I could have sworn the evo was out and shown off before the iphone 4.

p3t3or

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
I left Verizon a few years ago. Sadly, I have an Iphone, but there was nothing better at the time. Thinking about getting the Evo in Feb when my contract ends with At&t. I still have to say, everything HTC puts out looks/feels better/smoother than Motorola. Plus Verizon comes with a premium price tag which is why I left them in the first place. I have a second phone for work with Sprint and it works great. I get service no matter where I am with Sprint and I can hardly say the same for At&t.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]foscooter[/nom]Ok: Sprint = HTC EVO 4G Verizon = Motorolad Droid X T-Moible = HTC HD2, which is now dated! And Windows!Come on HTC HD3, or HD2 Pro (with slide out keyboard)!!![/citation]

T Mobile has the Samsung Galaxy S on the way. Its similar to the Droid X, and the EVO4G... What differentiates it, is that it uses a slightly superior Samsung designed "Hummingbird" Cortex A-8 processor, and uses a super AMOLED screen. The drawback to the Galaxy S, is tacky build materials (glittery silver plastic of gayness).... Which is nothing a thin Seido case can't fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.