Droid X Takes Pot Shot at iPhone 4 Case Situation

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdw75

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
My wife and I both have iPhone 4s and I can't get the signal to drop unless your in a weak signal area anyway. And when you are putting on a case doesn't improve it at all. The idea that a case improves things is retarded!

What really amazes me is that the iPhone 3 and 3GS didn't get complaints because they had a noticeably worse signal than the 4 does yet no one complained. I also have a Samsung Moment and it loses it's signal if you just look at is wrong. Then on top of that the Android software is a joke. Hopefully it will improve and give Apple some competition but right now it is nothing more than a toy.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]konjiki7[/nom]Your certainly correct. Megapixel aren't everything. In the case most droid phones the high megapixel capture give enough room to capture high res video. Which is where high resolution really counts. I think its a worth trade in this case.[/citation]

Hate to burst your bubble again. But 720P = 1280x720. 1920x1200 is 2.3MP. In other words, 1080P is only 2.3 MP in motion. So even the 5MP camera on the iPhone4 can render a 720p movie which is 1.3MP. So again, resolution is not the factor when determining which of the devices outputs better Video or Photo quality.

maydaynomore

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]I own an EVO, it has an 8MP camera. Till this day, it bothers me that people still think higher MP = Quality. One thing (YES 1 thing) the iPhone does edge the EVO and DroidX in is camera quality, I've seen it for myself. Megapixel is just a resolution. Example: Take a Nikon D40 and compare it to a 12MP GE camera. The Nikon would still destroy it in quality. Unfortunately that's the only thing the iPhone4 edges these 2 android phones in. I can care less about camera quality anyways. That's what my Canon PowerShot is for. Anyways, thought I'd point out that Megapixel fact.[/citation]
You are absolutely right...about the megapixel BS. However, your claim that the Iphone has a better camera than moto x is an invalid one. Here is why: The Iphone applies heavy saturation to its images, and the white balance is crap. Just look at flesh tones. compare flesh tones on the iphone vs X. Most sheeple love bright and colorful images, and thats what apple gives them with some software added saturation.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Apple has taken a PR failure and ramped it up into the biggest advertising campaign for their competition. Apple should be the ones who are most upset at how they handled this.

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
I've got a Droid-X. I have held the phone in every way imaginable and cannot get it to drop bars! Also- dropping bars really isn't the proper measure- you need to actually look at the dB levels, which I CAN do on my Droid-X. I can't get it to attenuate enough to even make a difference, even holding it exactly like the guy in that video and squeezing as hard as I can- not even using BOTH hands. I've personally done it with a friends iPhone4 and its pretty easy to bridge that little black bar with your thumb and watch the signal drop- NOTHING like the Droid-X. Apple's testing videos there are pretty pathetic. They need to accept the fact that they screwed up and move forward with a fix for it, rather than insisting that they are perfect. They make some slick hardware, but the reason I won't buy it is because of their attitude and their totally closed system.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]maydaynomore[/nom]You are absolutely right...about the megapixel BS. However, your claim that the Iphone has a better camera than moto x is an invalid one. Here is why: The Iphone applies heavy saturation to its images, and the white balance is crap. Just look at flesh tones. compare flesh tones on the iphone vs X. Most sheeple love bright and colorful images, and thats what apple gives them with some software added saturation.[/citation]

Just look at this and enough said.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/199844/iphone_4_vs_droid_x_a_headtohead_comparison.html

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Wow. I love it. Even though I do like the look and stuff of the iPhone 4. I think its funny. I bet Steve Jobs is pacing his office right now. trying to find a weakness in the Droid X. Good Luck Steve. You should have done more testing. Ya Jackass!!!

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]...if it's Droid it's short 20,000 Apps...[/citation]

Oh, that's rich. hakesterman, I'll bet you haven't even download 10,000 apps to your iPhone... Keep the humor coming!

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]kdw75[/nom]...The idea that a case improves things is retarded! ...Then on top of that the Android software is a joke...[/citation]

So you're saying Apple is retarded and you don't know how to use an Android-based phone?

G

insider3, you're obviously not someone who knows much about cameras. Those iPhone4 pictures are obviously overexposed and oversaturated. My guess is it appeals to Apple fans who think "MORE COLOR!!!"

rockola

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
Hold on a sec. Is Apple telling us that the "proper" way to hold a phone is with the end of your thumb bent inward towards the palm like that? In one of my other lives I'm a pianist and I learned the very painful lesson that this is a fully collapsed distal joint. Causes chronic pain and weakness. The thumb should be more or less parallel to the side of the unit.

Upendra09

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]I wouldn't give you a wooden nickel for it, if it's Droid it's short 20,000 Apps and it is alot bulkier than an iphone4. Yes the Iphone 4 has some issues, but it's still leaps and bounds ahead of droid.[/citation]

thats strange cuz the Droid X is WAYYY Faster than the Iphone and more powerful

i wonder where you got your baseless facts errr i mean opinions

find out what the hell you are talking about first and then open your mouth

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]I wouldn't give you a wooden nickel for it, if it's Droid it's short 20,000 Apps and it is alot bulkier than an iphone4. Yes the Iphone 4 has some issues, but it's still leaps and bounds ahead of droid.[/citation]

So for every 5 apps on droid that do thee same thing there's 20 pn the I phone. (Excluding the games, and the apps to help you with you weak willy.) As for being too bulky there's the normal droid. And its cheaper! Droid, for those of us who need a phonee that does something other than need to be put in a bubble to protect it.

Stardude82

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
Mind everybody that Android is FOS and pretty soon it might be running the majority of computing devices in the world. Sub-$100 computing here. Soon EVERYBODY (children in India included) will be making apps for Android and the Apple App Store will soon look quaint.

yugmus

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
@ apples testing lab . . . testing competitors phones

test tech1: "Did we start the antenna signal test video yet?"
test tech2: "Yeah, I'm gonna put the death grip on the Droid X now. Go close the Faraday Cage Door so the phone loses signal"
test tech1: "This is gonna make the Iphone4 look so much better now!"
test tech2: "I

Status
Not open for further replies.