Droid X Takes Pot Shot at iPhone 4 Case Situation

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdw75

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]So you're saying Apple is retarded and you don't know how to use an Android-based phone?[/citation]

Apple just gave out cases because people said they helped from what I understand. Like I said I have two iPhone 4s and neither has worked any differently with a case or without. They have great reception both ways compared to my other phones.

And I know very well how to use my Android phone. The point is that Android 2.1 is buggy and convoluted to use. My Samsung Moment is very slow also.

kdw75

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]rockola[/nom]Hold on a sec. Is Apple telling us that the "proper" way to hold a phone is with the end of your thumb bent inward towards the palm like that? In one of my other lives I'm a pianist and I learned the very painful lesson that this is a fully collapsed distal joint. Causes chronic pain and weakness. The thumb should be more or less parallel to the side of the unit.[/citation]

Unless your in a very weak signal area then you can hold the phone anyway you like. Where there are several bars I have cupped mine in both hands and it still works just fine even though I might lose a bar. Most I have ever lost was two bars when it had 3 to begin with and I was in a basement.

kdw75

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
I get so sick of the Verizon/Droid fanboys. Verizon has a slower network with crappier coverage yet it is going to destroy ATT supposedly when it gets the iPhone. Yeah right! The Droid X is the best phone in the world they chant. Except that it has a crappier screen, a second rate OS and costs more to own.

If you like your Droid X on Verizon then go be happy with it but stop chanting about how great it is on here. I am sure half of you must be getting paid for positive comments by Google or Verizon.

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
http://www.apple.com/antenna/testing-lab.html

"Our anechoic chambers are connected to sophisticated equipment that simulates cellular base stations, Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth devices — even GPS satellites. These chambers measure performance in free space, in the presence of materials simulating human tissue (“phantom” heads and hands, for example), and in use by human subjects. Over a one- to two-year development cycle, Apple engineers spend thousands of hours performing antenna and wireless testing in the lab."

yet they missed the fact that if you actually hold the thing you'll kill the antenna???

danny69t

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]rotsae[/nom]I think this is why motorola did this ad. Most of the other smart phone company are pretty mad at apple. Instead of admitting their mistake, they bash on other company's product. I'm guessing it doesn't feel so good when you get bash back.[/citation]

i like that the iphone 4 has just 3 bars out of what seems to be 5 bars on full signal. FAIL

danny69t

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
http://www.apple.com/antenna/ --> "iOS 4.0.1 Software Update

We’ve updated the iOS software to fix issues with the signal strength bar display on iPhone."

Yeah, so what does that update do? Shows you full signal even if you have none? :))

kdw75

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]danny69t[/nom]http://www.apple.com/antenna/ --> "iOS 4.0.1 Software UpdateWe’ve updated the iOS software to fix issues with the signal strength bar display on iPhone."Yeah, so what does that update do? Shows you full signal even if you have none? )[/citation]

It doesn't show 5 bars when you have a weak signal anymore. Previously I would walk around with 5 bars all the time. Now that they updated the software I find that I have 2 or 3 bars in many of the places I previously had 5. There are lots of detailed articles about how the bars are calculated pre and post update.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Xabbu4[/nom]Alright guys. I own an iPhone 4, and I can duplicate the bars disappearing trick. I also have not dropped a call.[/citation]
Shhh.. People are only posting here to talk smack about Apple.. Leave your logic at home, no one cares that there are millions of iPhone4 users who have never had a problem or a dropped call..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS