Dropbox Canning Public Folders For New Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Only 150TB? I thought it would be more. That's unfortunate for any new Dropbox members. Perhaps, they'll look for alternatives. Personally, I use box.com.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
If you can share 'any file or folder' than I don't see where this could be a problem.
Also, you could simple create a folder called public and are back the about the same functionality. Or am I missing something here ?

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Yep, you guessed it. American government is out there to ruin everything good for us.[/citation]

True.

Inb4 American's patriot wannabe.

machvelocy

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
[citation][nom]livebriand[/nom]Well this is stupid. After all, for the millionth time, THIS WILL NOT PUT A DENT IN PIRACY!!! Why do corporations never get this?[/citation]
To keep the law enforcer for having something to do, so they can request for MOAR share of the taxpayers money. Aaand to keep the attention away from the real criminal which is the real problem... The bankers

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I just created a public share folder on my account even though it probably will never get used.

Other than that nothing has changed.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Yep, you guessed it. American government is out there to ruin everything good for us.[/citation]

it's not so much the goverment out to ruin us, more that it is the corporations paying the goverment are out to ruin every thing. makes me morbidly think right now would be agreat time for modern /western civilization to collapse. maybe we could start over witha clean slate then , and avoid all the extreme capitalist buracracy bull s---t that is turnign our nation into one giant a-- bill board and and money scheme.

osserc

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]it's not so much the goverment out to ruin us, more that it is the corporations paying the goverment are out to ruin every thing. makes me morbidly think right now would be agreat time for modern /western civilization to collapse. maybe we could start over witha clean slate then , and avoid all the extreme capitalist buracracy bull s---t that is turnign our nation into one giant a-- bill board and and money scheme.[/citation]

Good idea, then we can go with the Chinese model, where we're all basically just government slaves and 3/4 of our population lives in such extreme poverty that they barely qualify as human. Sounds awesome to me! /s

Capitalism isn't perfect, because we don't live in a vacuum, but it has created the highest living standards and quickest technological development in the history of the planet. Probably a better idea to find ways to purify our current capitalism, re-align our government to promote freedom and progress of the private sector, and profile corruption at all levels. Also, you may notice, that as centralized governments gain more power you see a correlated increase in corruption. It's much harder to be a thieving prick on the take from corporations when you live right next to your voters. Distributed, local government is the most effective deterrent for corruption, kickbacks, and government abuse of all kinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.