Dropped Lenovo 700-11ISK Few Feet; Won't Turn On; Help?

theicemancometh

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
The title basically says it. I dropped a friends Levenovo Touch Laptop from the top of a desk to wooden chair, about 2-3 feet apart. 2 minutes after picking it up, it turned off (was still on after picked up). Now it doesn't turn on whatsoever; no LED's or noise. I've opened up the laptop, as it has an internal battery, removed the battery for a few seconds, and tried to turn it back on with no success. So here I am, looking for any help I can find to solve this.

Image of the inside of the laptop: http://imgur.com/a/9X4kL

Solution
This is pure guess.

Since the laptop remained on for 2 minutes am going to deduce the cooling system had failed, the lead to the fan got dislocated etc. and the built heat finally caused a thermal shutdown. Laptops have failsafe mechanism, so when thermal shutdown occurs, the "breaker" doesn't reset until after a while, give it a few hours. So be patience and see what happens. You may have to boot into BIOS and follow the Temp/Fan Speed screen to troubleshoot.
This is pure guess.

Since the laptop remained on for 2 minutes am going to deduce the cooling system had failed, the lead to the fan got dislocated etc. and the built heat finally caused a thermal shutdown. Laptops have failsafe mechanism, so when thermal shutdown occurs, the "breaker" doesn't reset until after a while, give it a few hours. So be patience and see what happens. You may have to boot into BIOS and follow the Temp/Fan Speed screen to troubleshoot.

Solution