DSLR Video recording: NTSC or PAL? 30 or 24 fps?

imokgoca

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
Hello,

I was just wondering if someone can tell me which option should i use when video recording with my DSLR camera? Should i go with NTSC option or PAL? Should i use 30 or 24 fps? I know that people say that you get a "film look" with 24 fps, because you get more motion blur, but i can get motion blur through Video editing in Premiere pro or AE. So NTSC 30 24 25 or PAL 24 ? What the difference? Thanks

Solution
North America = NTSC

Although I doubt it makes much difference in the digital world anymore. PAL is the European standard.

NTSC delivers a frame rate of 30 fps at an aspect ratio of 720x480, and is used in North America, Japan and South Korea. PAL is a different video standard that is incompatible with NTSC; it uses a fame rate of 25 fps and 720x576 aspect ratio, and is used in most of Europe, Australia and large parts of Africa and Asia.

If you are using HD, neither is relevant.

Alec Mowat

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
North America = NTSC

Although I doubt it makes much difference in the digital world anymore. PAL is the European standard.

NTSC delivers a frame rate of 30 fps at an aspect ratio of 720x480, and is used in North America, Japan and South Korea. PAL is a different video standard that is incompatible with NTSC; it uses a fame rate of 25 fps and 720x576 aspect ratio, and is used in most of Europe, Australia and large parts of Africa and Asia.

If you are using HD, neither is relevant.

Solution