dual cpu laptop anyone?

alienworkshop

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
I was wondering if anyone came across one of these as I would love to try one... and I'm not talking about the ibm x1 or the asus versions where they put different cpu's in there with different operating systems, I'm talking about a regular dual cpu laptop.

Solution
There would be pretty much 0 market share or need for a dual CPU laptop. The power and heat dissipation requirements would be too much for a "laptop", the size would probably be too much as well. To get to a speed where dual CPUs wold make sense over a single high-end CPU you'd have to go over what a good i7 CPU can get you, so we're looking at a laptop with a price point and size over the current $3,000 laptops with the only advantage of it being a built-in screen. The cost to engineer a laptop case and motherboard to support 2 CPUs would be well over how many could be sold to break even.
There would be pretty much 0 market share or need for a dual CPU laptop. The power and heat dissipation requirements would be too much for a "laptop", the size would probably be too much as well. To get to a speed where dual CPUs wold make sense over a single high-end CPU you'd have to go over what a good i7 CPU can get you, so we're looking at a laptop with a price point and size over the current $3,000 laptops with the only advantage of it being a built-in screen. The cost to engineer a laptop case and motherboard to support 2 CPUs would be well over how many could be sold to break even.

Solution