DuckDuckGo && HTTPS Everywhere/Firefox Vs. Chrome?

Slow Pri

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
Hello Everyone!

So I've been digging into this anonymity topic recently. However, I've read on multiple forums and reddit that "DuckDuckGo" is the search browser that 100% keeps you anonymous however, I don't honestly believe that. I've been using Google Search but I know they've been "stalking" user's and tracking locations and keeping logs.

Should I trust DuckDuckGo? or just keep with Google Search

--

HTTPS Everywhere seems to attempt to push HTTPS (Secure connection) anywhere it can. Does this actually ensure that HTTPS is enabled on all websites? I've noticed that some websites have HTTP in the beginning, but with HTTPS Everywhere enable it seems to keep them at HTTP.

Should I keep using HTTPS Everywhere or remove it from my extensions.

--

I've been using Google Chrome a lot for the past 3-4 years. I'd recommend it to anyone since it's "Blazing fast". However, privacy to me is a big issue. You may ask why, but it's for personal reasons. Anyway, I had Firefox as well. My main question is which one is more secure?

Thank You!

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
1) I'd stay with Google search. I like Google. That's my reason xD

2) If it's not doing what it claims to do, how do you know it's not doing something else in the background? I'd get rid of it.

3) I'd say they're about even. Google collects anonymous usage data, and so does Mozilla. I don't think either is more secure in terms of downloading viruses or keeping information. That's what Windows Firewall and/or aftermarket solutions are for.

weberdarren97

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
Just so you know, HTTP vs HTTPS is a very simple difference. One uses SSL to make sure your connection to the server is encrypted, secure, and private. However, it has no control over what happens once said information reaches the server. At that point, it's up to the company that runs the servers to implement good security tactics. Using SSL at every opportunity is not a good replacement for practicing good online habits.