don ali

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
I don't know which better. PVR DVB-S PCI or PVR USB?

I have twinhan 1030 (yellow) as DVB-S. used it for 3 years now or more but I have many problems (drivers & codecs) but the video quality is good to excellent (max 700 x 500) not HD. also I can only use one satellite. the other will not work or sometimes one of them.

I'm thinking to buy Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 MC-Kit or Technisat Skystar USB. this is what I'll do:

1- connecting the dish to a DVB box which I use with the TV. then, connect the DVB with Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 MC-Kit by using S-Video or Audio and video connector. Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 to PC using USB cable.

or

2- buy Skystar USB and connect it to my PC directly and record.

which is better in quality?

I can use the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 in many computers plus recording from ps2, VHS, wii or x360.

I didn't see any video by using option #1 but I have DVB-S and I know I'll get good quality video but many other problems in my PC.

so please, tel me which option is better to get excellent quality videos. I don't care about the cost that much.

thank you.

wartibet

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
I found that connector you were looking for
Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm

It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that jap monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.