Solved! DVD drive fell out of my laptop

Jan 11, 2019
Hey there fellows,
I am trying to sell my ASUS R510JK-XX062D and I have come upon a problem recently when I was handling it, the dvd drive fell out of the laptop. I then took a look inside and noticed that the DVD caddy doesn't have any attaching part to it that would stick it to the motherboard (as shown in pictures). Does anyone have an idea of how should I attach this caddy? Maybe get a new one?
Thank for the help!
Vlad
P.S. here's the link for the pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ykFBj7dqbz6Afpic6

Solution
That tab is part of the top casing, and the video doesn't show any caddy, maybe yours is a little different. Look man, is a mechanical thing, this shouldn't be that hard to secure a part against another. U may have to DIY a tap yourself, this is the time to show your alpha male and pull out your power tools. :)
Jan 11, 2019

That piece you're talking about is missing after taking it for servicing and presumably getting misplaced. So can i get another attaching part from somewhere, because from what I'm seeing the caddies sold on the internet come without one.

That tab is part of the top casing, and the video doesn't show any caddy, maybe yours is a little different. Look man, is a mechanical thing, this shouldn't be that hard to secure a part against another. U may have to DIY a tap yourself, this is the time to show your alpha male and pull out your power tools. :)

Solution