DVD Piracy Rampant on Amazon; Warner Bros Wants Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Maybe if they stopped charging $35 for 20 minutes of force advertisement people might buy legitimate copies?

Seriously, you pirate the movie and you don't get locked into forced advertisements and warnings. You shell out a ridiculous sum and you spend more time watching those then the film.

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Im not surprised at all considering they sell new and used media ... telling weather something is a fake or not especially if it looks original is pretty impossible.

G

Not condoning it or anything, but if the fakes were good enough to pass as genuine, that's some impressive shit right there.

ice_melted

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
I just bought the complete series of The Sopranos off Amazon. Box, packaging, etc all looked quite real. I rip my series to MKV so I can watch them on my tablet while at the gym. I noticed from the media descriptor that the DVDs were created with Nero and were only 4GB as opposed to 9GB (SL vs DL). When I tried to bring this to Amazon's attention through their fraud division, they did nothing.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
I'm not shocked by this news in a way. It was only a mater of time. I've tryed looking for old TV cartoon shows before on Amazon and ebay and for a LOT of them are indeed fakes because they NEVER made them in VHS/DVD and they blaintly appear to be fakes in the pictures they provide.

what kills me even more is when people put these shows online then the companys take them down for "copyright". How am I supposted to watch a show/movie if there isn't a way to buy it but I can't watch it online ether because the "owner" takes it down for "copyright"? o_O

If you can take something down for "copyright" then there should be an easly accessable way to buy/watch it legaly. where this is buying the whole series or just a seasson at a time. Just my two cents if anyone cares.... lol

syadnom

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
I understand the want here, but the copyright owner owns the product and they have every right to choose not to make it available. sometimes that sucks, but thats life.

syadnom

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
corporate greed really has nothing to do with theft now does it. They own the product, someone else is selling their product for money. They need to stop that. That isn't greed on the corporations part, thats greed and lack of ethics on the thiefs part.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
[citation][nom]syadnom[/nom]corporate greed really has nothing to do with theft now does it. They own the product, someone else is selling their product for money. They need to stop that. That isn't greed on the corporations part, thats greed and lack of ethics on the thiefs part.[/citation]
I agree. But look at the ridiculous fines imposed on pirates by the judicial system. Tell me it's not improper at all.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
[citation][nom]devotiecon[/nom]You know what's also running rampant...Corporate greed.[/citation]
[citation][nom]syadnom[/nom]corporate greed really has nothing to do with theft now does it. They own the product, someone else is selling their product for money. They need to stop that. That isn't greed on the corporations part, thats greed and lack of ethics on the thiefs part.[/citation]
On the contrary, it does. If prices were reasonable, consumers wouldn't have an interest in pirated content. That doesn't make it right, but corporate greed is fueling consumer interest in pirated content.

G

This is one time i honestly dont blame WB for going after these people. They are selling items that are said to be genuine when they are high class reproductions. And im sorry for all the people that are talking about if prices werent so high then stuff wouldnt get pirated thats just idiotic. Now i dont have anything against making a copy of media you own for a" backup" but i do not like people that blatantly steal by selling forgerys.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
2045 AD : DRM will consist of a small implant in your body that will kill you if you copy the movie you bought.

Here's to the revolution...Cheers.

nullifier

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
[citation][nom]jerm1027[/nom]On the contrary, it does. If prices were reasonable, consumers wouldn't have an interest in pirated content. That doesn't make it right, but corporate greed is fueling consumer interest in pirated content.[/citation]

That's poor logical reasoning, if that is the case, than that essentially vindicates any type of theft because the individual doesn't have the funds to pay for it. Do I think the record labels make way too much of the artist's work? Yes. Digital albums are more than affordable and you can pick and choose songs from albums - not a bad system.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
MAFIAA =Biggest Thieves.
I will not allow them into my Wallet.I will buy new Local & Indie Art.
As far as Big Content goes it is only used stuff.
To bad WB.........................I do not care about you one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.