EA Claims Apple Paid Money for Delay of PvZ 2 Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

This is not an exclusivity contract though. PvZ1 came out n PC then a year later was ported to iOS then to Android.

PvZ2 was being developed for iOS and Android for the same release date.

Then Apple walks in with money and says not to release it till later. That's not exclusivity, that's bribing.

usbgtx550

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I really do not see the benefit of delaying it for android users. You're not going to see people flock to iPhones just because of a single app that will eventually come to android.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
clash of clans was exclusive right? like infinity blade.
but, on android, we have castle clash (is it?), made by the same company. maybe this one used their brains (pun intended), and created another (very similar game) and used a different title haha
at least that is what i think it is

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Microsoft and Sony do this all the time. You think developers make their games exclusive and narrow their audience for the fun of it? The Apple hate on here is pathetic as usual. All corporations are the same. Get over it.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Must admit... PvZ 2 was my first major introduction to micro-transactions/in app purchasing and I REALLY don't like it. Then again I then tried Let's Golf 3 and THAT was stupidly bad.

Please give us all the option to just simply buy the game :(

echozero

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Not surprise i mean it happens all the time such as Microsoft has 2 months exclusive right with all Skyrim DLCs on xbox.

Hardware Companies are willing to pay and game companies are willing to take.

echozero

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Not surprise i mean it happens all the time such as Microsoft has 2 months exclusive right with all Skyrim DLCs on xbox.

Hardware Companies are willing to pay and game companies are willing to take.

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
So, I guess I don't see the problem. I help run our Little League baseball organization, and we get "donations and a sponsorship" from an unnamed beverage company to only sell their brands in the concession stand. In the end, the developer has to do what is best for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.