EA Lands ''Worst Company In America'' Award Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

puggle man

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
I fail to see how a company like EA could be worse than Philip Morris, Corrections Corp of America, or BoA. They make games with annoying features... so what? It's better than killing and stealing from people.

puggle man

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
I fail to see how a company like EA could be worse than Philip Morris, Corrections Corp of America, or BoA. They make games with annoying features... so what? It's better than killing and stealing from people.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I'm rather shocked that Carnival didn't do better this year. EA really shot themselves in the foot with their SimCity launch failure, all the lying about the online requirement, and then that last minute letter. I have to deal with crap companies like Sears, Bank of America, BP, and Ticketmaster during the day. The last thing I want to do is come home to unwind with a video game that's equally as bad or flat-out doesn't work. This is the kind of thing EA produces. Please boot Peter Moore and the rest of the execs from EA. Time for a house cleaning!

Gamer_Pollution

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
What can EA do to not be the worst company in America? Well, how about overtime for workers, less DRM, preferably none at all, put their games on Steam instead of :shudder: Origin. Have better customer support, not buy out companies and IP's and then releases shitty sequels. Less DLC, fucking Battlefield 3 DLC, too many! Cant think of any more.

dgriffs

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Lol I wouldn't call them the worst company in America.EA publishes plenty of triple A titles and people like them. Sure they have made some bad decisions recently but realistically none of that has been serious. Many people are stuck paying for sub-par internet or cellphone service because of the lack of options in their area. What about airplane companies that charge you for bringing luggage along? If I had to pick the worst company in America it would probably be something like Monsanto who harasses independent farmers and pays off congressmen.

dgriffs

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Lol I wouldn't call them the worst company in America.EA publishes plenty of triple A titles and people like them. Sure they have made some bad decisions recently but realistically none of that has been serious. Many people are stuck paying for sub-par internet or cellphone service because of the lack of options in their area. What about airplane companies that charge you for bringing luggage along? If I had to pick the worst company in America it would probably be something like Monsanto who harasses independent farmers and pays off congressmen.

dgriffs

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008

imkvn

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2008
No, I think the article was quite correct. If I payed for a service or item that day I would be able to use it. With EA they had a lot of time to plan for sim city, but seems like they didn't care. Worst of all they didn't let you have a refund or give you extra content for waiting. It took at least a week to get everything running and you paid for that?

imkvn

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2008
No, I think the article was quite correct. If I payed for a service or item that day I would be able to use it. With EA they had a lot of time to plan for sim city, but seems like they didn't care. Worst of all they didn't let you have a refund or give you extra content for waiting. It took at least a week to get everything running and you paid for that?

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
This new blog-text seems to suck, I vote it the worst. It looks great. But you have to click and click and click and click to get to the last response. rather than the specific page number. Its like Tomshardware doesn't want people to respond? Also, I cannot post this on CHROME?! #1 browser in the world and it doesn't work?!

patrick47018

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Lulz. I am "so" suprised! EA Worst Company!!!! Really???? I "cannot" believe that! They are a "fine" and "fair" company that makes "amazing" games with amazing features, you know like the new Sim City

Status
Not open for further replies.