EA Lands ''Worst Company In America'' Award Again

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shiitaki

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I agree that Electronic Arts is a leader in what is wrong with corporate America. Costumers are cash cows to be exploited for the good of profits. As a gamer it has been annoying, some of the best games are from EA. They are great to play, and they suck to play. Between patches, DRM, serial keys, and simply poor software engineering, I'm not buying any more of their crap. Worst company? NO! The commericial banking sector, and oil companies are far worse in the lives they have destroyed, the social cost of their prosperity, and the damage to the environment. For a entertainment company, they have a long track record they have been living down to, this isn't something new. EA's failures go back to Battlefield Vietnam and Command and Conquer Generals. Command and Conquer Generals 2 is due out this year, my friends are excited, but I am not willing to pay good money to repeat the experiences I've had with their other games.

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
EAs management when it came to SWTOR and fired 50% after release, really pissed me off, EA is all about the money and they don't care about their customers at all. As far as I'm concerned EA and sell off to someone else because ass-hat management and owners.

marcolorenzo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Or maybe it's because every generation of FIFA has some kind of game breaking bug that they never seem to bother patching? I am actually installing the pirated version to see if it runs better (i have already paid for it on Origin). If so, EA will never get another cent from me.

ZippyPeanut

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Did anyone else pay $60.00 for Battlefield 3 for six hours of single-player game play? Does anyone else remember how long it took to play through the Valve's Half-Lifes? Ubisoft's Far Cry 3 seems to go on forever. Valve and Ubisoft sold me products worth their prices. EA did not.

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
100% agree. EA epitomise greed, and bad business practices. They don't seem to even flinch every time they take a beloved franchise, and mercilessly pummel it into the ground with stupid DRM, micro transactions, and dummed down mechanics.

jack1982

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
The whole thing's a joke - EA's not even in the top 1,000 worst companies in America (or even 10,000 for that matter - I remember the old electronics assembly firm I used to work for where you had to race to the bank on payday because all the paychecks after the first five or so were likely to bounce), but it does make me chuckle to see them get the award LOL.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
While I agree with the result I wouldn't trust anything from either of these two. Numbers tend to be skewed towards favorites and they like the sensational. What throws the whole thing into doubt is the fact that they have Google, Best Buy, Microsoft, and Apple as contenders on this list. I'm no fan of some of these companies, particularly Apple, but they're not even remotely the worst company in America.

rad666

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
This is an excellent example of, while not important in the grand scheme of things, what can happen when you piss of your customer base often enough.

rad666

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
This is an excellent example of, while not important in the grand scheme of things, what can happen when you piss of your customer base often enough.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
"all future games offering in-game purchases for advancing a level, buying a new character, buying a new weapon and so on." If this is the future of video games, then it's time to start stock-piling some retro games.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
"all future games offering in-game purchases for advancing a level, buying a new character, buying a new weapon and so on." If this is the future of video games, then it's time to start stock-piling some retro games.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
RIAA will not exist at 2077 because record labels will be extinct when the music bands start to make their own "publishing" for real... So please scratch the RIAA (2077) =))

Status
Not open for further replies.