EA Sports Staff Walks Off Thanks to Wii

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Then go make something innovative, freakin EA. Or start developing for the PS3 and 360's motion devices. EA's graphics aren't even as good as 2K's anyways.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]belawrence[/nom]I basically boycotted EA back when they essentially gave the previous generation to Sony by refusing to support the Dreamcast.[/citation]

You blame EA for that? ROFL..... One less idiot I'll have do deal with on a EA game.

hop

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
For those who remembered, EA use to make games like the Wii, back when the C64 was popular. They need to return to their roots while keeping an edge on their existing development plan.

SamanuelMC

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Bring EA Sports back to the PC. STOP PORTING CRAPPING PS2 VERSIONS of games to the PC. Spend the time to develop a realistic and challenging sports game on a platform you know can perform. When I was a kid I couldn't run anything from EA on my crap store bought PC, I was always craving a faster system to keep up with EA and its every increasing detail in games. I remember getting NHL 98 and being stunned at the realism. But by NHL 99 I couldn't even run it on my PC because it needed new hardware. Now that I'm older have money and can build my own system. EA drops PC gamers in a hole with NHL 08(and other PC titles) it is a shitty PS2 Port, with no wide-screen support, terrible interface and just overall lackluster. Yes I agree with the comments that you have to adapt to the market, clearly you want to make money but don't sacrifice your roots and beginnings. REMEMBER EA when you were just developed sports games, and ONLY for the PC. I do and they were great, now they're all piles of crap. You've alienated your customer base, lost touch with what the market place wants. START OVER!

G

Maybe it's because EA sucks.

At first it was the minor annoyances, like shoving that stupid "EA games.. challenge everything" forced branding video clip on every game that you cant ESC out of to avoid. I had to modify files in the directory just to stop seeing that every time i'd start an EA game. Then later when they started shutting down servers at the drop of a hat to try and force-upgrade you to the newest version. That made me really mad. Or maybe it's the money grubbing sequel-itis - nearly identical to the previous version, no real improvements, but shoveled out each year regardless.

"The dynamics changed with the launch of the Wii--play and fun was coming back in" - yes and douchebag annoyances and betrayed expectations were starting to go on their way out. So instead of stopping douchebaggery they continue doing the same thing.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
man every one is on "the blame game" , your games doesnt sell , blame it one pirates , slap some drm on it , if it sitll doesnt seell blame it on soemthign else. truth be told EA your sales have gone done drastically cos

a: you make shitty games now
c: your shitty PC games have shitty securom on them
c: every oen still ahtes you over securom
d: even your own mother's hate you over securom
f: rumor has it that even god , jesus and satan all three hate you because of securom

did i forget to mention your problems are because of securom ?

pochacco007

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
this is the result of a company who invests in the hardcore market,
http://www.grin.se/

look at all the titles they made. all the games grin made were for the 360/ps3. there is no hope in the hardcore market.

nintendo is doing all gamers a good thing and the only thing the hardcore gamers can do is throw feces here and there. i can't wait until nintendo kills the hardcore.

isn't it also funny how all 360/ps3 gamers hated the motion controller and yet they were excited about 360/ps3 motion controller. it shows the idiocy of 360/ps3 gamers.

btw, pc gaming is dead because of the 360/ps3.

Vermil

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
@ pochacco007. I don't think I see enough to see a valid analysis. First of all, show me some Wii developers that actually make real money on their Wii games, except for Nintendo themselves.

Grin's games were well executed. No screwups or delays. And they sold well enough. Yet, they went belly up due to a cashflow situation. Why? I'd say it's ultimately the result of a company that is investing in licences and is at the bottom of the money chain in a financial crisis when money is supposed to be distributed. Tom Clancy will probably get his.
PC gaming ain't exactly dead. The world is full of PC-gamers, they're legion. But yes, it does seem like few want to sell them PC-games anymore. It always have to be a version of a XB360/PS3 game, and while it's always better than the 360 version, it's not the same thing at all. And yes again, Wii doesn't hurt PC gaming. Can't.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
PC games are still King even though they are not as numerous, the ones that do make it are usually good. I would rather have a handful of good games than a hundred pieces of crap. I have yet to see kiddie console out perform a PC one. Keep the consoles and I will keep playing at 1920 x 1200 with my trusty mouse and keyboard set-up. While you struggle to get a cross-hair on one target I will have fragged three guys.

br33ze

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
NO MOORE, PETER! NO MOORE, PETER! NO MOORE, PETER! We've had all we can take. Quit screwin us EA. Put yo games back on my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.