Earpiece Microphone will not work with a jack splitter

kieransucks

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a A-Jays Four + earpiece and could not get the microphone to work with my jacksplitter.
This is my jacksplitter :
IMG_2574.jpg

The thing is that sometimes the microphone does work when i enable the listen to myself function but most of the time it doesnt work.The microphone however does work on computers with only a single jack. Any solution would be greatly appreciated thank you.

My earpieces: https://www.jaysheadphones.com/a-jays-four-plus
My computer: https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/Sabre-15#kf

Solution
You can try looking inside the adapter and see if you can count the contacts (3 or 4), but it's hard to see.
The fact that both headsets have the same end, but only one works makes me think the headset has a problem.
You could purchase another adapter to be sure.

kieransucks

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017

How do i check if my laptop`s BIOS is up to date? Just yesterday i updated by audio drivers but i could try uninstalling and reinstalling them and see if that works. I am mainly trying to use the headset with apps such as skype etc. Edit: I just reinstalled by audio drivers but it is still not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

dudio

Admirable
Is your adapter a 3 pole or 4 pole female on the input?
The 2 output male leads you have are 3 pole..meaning the have 3 separate conductive surfaces divided by two rings.
What's the headset end and what's the jack

kieransucks

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017

In the picture, the black one is my current headset the Ajays Four plus and the white one is a Lg headset that came with my phone. The Lg headset works completely fine when i use the adapter. But don`t they both have the same end? So i`m curious as to why the Ajays cannot work.
ZE6IXka.jpg

Also how do i check if my adapter is a 3 pole or a 4 pole input? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

dudio

Admirable
You can try looking inside the adapter and see if you can count the contacts (3 or 4), but it's hard to see.
The fact that both headsets have the same end, but only one works makes me think the headset has a problem.
You could purchase another adapter to be sure.

Solution