Easy way to get sound to play from PC through TV automatically

jconway2002

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
I have my PC connected to my PC monitor through a DVI cable, which I used regular speakers for sound. I also have the PC connected to my TV via an HDMI cable. Currently if I want to watch a movie on my TV, in order to get sound to play through the TVs speakers, I need to set the default playback device to the TV...otherwise sound only comes out through the PC speakers. This kind of defeats the usefulness of apps like gmote. Can I get the sound to play through both outputs? There has to be a solution to this.

Thanks.

Solution
The computer only can output to one source at a time, otherwise it will let you select more than one "default" source.

You can use an audio splitter from the regular sound card and use the input to the TV, that way the sound will just split to both the TV and the speakers.
The computer only can output to one source at a time, otherwise it will let you select more than one "default" source.

You can use an audio splitter from the regular sound card and use the input to the TV, that way the sound will just split to both the TV and the speakers.

Solution