EIGHT More Leave Infinity Ward, Two Join Respawn

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AerieC

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Comparing a $60 game to a show on cable is ridiculous. How many millions more own a TV than a console. And how many teenage girls are actually paying their cable bill. To them it is free entertainment.

Lol wut?

Twilight started as a book series and is currently being made into a series of movies. I don't know where you got the cable show from.

If you don't like that comparison then how about this one: McDonald's sells more food than any other restaurant in the world. Does that make McDonald's food the best food in the world?

MW2 is like a McDonald's meal. Quick, easy, moderately satisfying, but ultimately forgettable.

G

Gutted... MW2, is a shit game anyway... It bores me, COD4 all the way FOR THE FUCKING WIN BEYOOTCHH!!?

ovidiusx

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]It appears as though the masses disagree with you. Far Cry 2 sold 1 million copies in its first 3 weeks. Modern Warfare 2 sold 4.7 million copies its first DAY.Half Life 2 has sold about 8.6 million copies to date, again, only twice as much as Modern Warfare 2 sold in its first day.I personally hated Far Cry 2, but Half Life 2 was definitely one of the better games I've played. Modern Warfare 2, however, it just in another class of it own. I will say as a PC player that I was and still am disappointed by the lack of dedicated servers. But I won't take that one downfall and label the entire game as "horrible."[/citation]

The masses also think that lady gaga and britney spears are excellent musicians...

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]It appears as though the masses disagree with you. Far Cry 2 sold 1 million copies in its first 3 weeks. Modern Warfare 2 sold 4.7 million copies its first DAY.Half Life 2 has sold about 8.6 million copies to date, again, only twice as much as Modern Warfare 2 sold in its first day.I personally hated Far Cry 2, but Half Life 2 was definitely one of the better games I've played. Modern Warfare 2, however, it just in another class of it own. I will say as a PC player that I was and still am disappointed by the lack of dedicated servers. But I won't take that one downfall and label the entire game as "horrible."[/citation]
The fact that it sold so many the very first day seems to support the argument that marketing hype and/or previous COD titles were a major factor in sales numbers. It doesn't mean the game wasn't great, it's just that you can't use this argument to prove your point.

boop334

Distinguished
May 24, 2008

No MW2 is horrible....HL2 and Hl1 crap on MW2 in every way! Half life for the Win!

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Everyday i check kotaku and tom's hardware for Infinity ward.
it gets "shocking" everyday. Now i read the boss/CEO of activision Publishing resigned!?

Infinity Ward is FubarBundy... It will soon be.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
[citation][nom]boop334[/nom]No MW2 is horrible....HL2 and Hl1 crap on MW2 in every way! Half life for the Win![/citation]

still... people buy MW2 games.

seriousazn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
IMO I say it's teh crazed fanboys, the ones who kinda think before buying the game may disagree with you.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]lasaldude[/nom]Modern Warfare 2 is an fun game for a bit, but no way is it a good or great game. Half-life 2 and Far Cry 2 are light years a head of that piece of shit that came out years after those two games. I thought you're supposed to learn from previous generations?[/citation]

realy farcry 2 whot is ewen remotly good about it? after my 195time i got stopped by the controle points and for no reason faster cars then the same as mine and done the same quest 80 times i rated it as the worst game id ewer seen. its a mmorpg grind game whit no lvl system and no massive online. but the engi is okey.

gh0st

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
The comments about the new company and being under EA publishing is good news? Time will tell...Lot of lead guys from IW went to Respawn(hope that bad choices they made toward pc weren't from them).
EA(Evil A$$#*LE$)Have a horrible track record of trying to have too much control over games and pretty much ruining the outcome of the product.

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009

Yeah the mass have no real idea what they want though. According to them, it's better to play games on the Xbox and PlayStation compared to PC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.