Eight out of 10 Households Ready for DTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
How is it possible that 5% (3% ± 2%) of people don't know about the DTV transition? I don't think those people watch enough television to care in the first place.

chris312

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
I think the DTV transition delay is more pork politics than actual legitimate concern about people being prepared for the transition. I would bet that on average, ordinary Americans understand the DTV switch better than our elected officials.

crystal_tech

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2007
its all about the ads on tv. can't sell anything if no one sees it. Thus, the wait to get more people to buy the converters to see more ads and go out and buy more stuff. (maybe in a effort to help stores that pull in people thru such ads, and helping the economy.) Just my thoughts

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]izzygodenov[/nom]8 out of 10? How about 4 out of 5...[/citation]
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa...

This is a Tom's Guide article, you know mac users can't simply fractions.

G

is not Simply, I think you're trying to say "Simplify"

but I do agreed, Mac users can't do shitz.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
So after seeing these survey results, politicians will realize that they've done nothing but waste all of our time. But they wont care. I cant believe these type of people are running our country when they're supposed to be 'elected' officials.

No one has any idea how to run anything.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]No one has any idea how to run anything.[/citation]
Which is why they shouldn't be voting on who should.

kamkal

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
ahhhh who gives a sh!t! maybe the fatasses will go outside and get some exercise when their tv stops working!

/rant off

G

1 Billion dollars on education of DTV? Can we stimulate the economy? YES WE CAN! Can we abuse the politics of fear (the recession) into generating massive pork spending projects under the guise of stimulus? YES WE CAN. Does the government know how to spend your money better and more efficiently then you do? YES IT DOES! Just like the song...Meet the new boss (administration)...same as the old boss (administration).

For 1 Billion (+ the money given out in coupons), the gov't may have been better off walking from house to house and personally installing the digital boxes themselves! Had they started when the transition was announced, they'd maybe even be done by now! OF course that would have involved the government actually interacting with a large segment of "bitter people clinging to their guns and religion" - scratch that, better to just drop huge payloads of cash everywhere and just assume it ends up going to the right place with noone actually exploiting the system and assume no massive inefficiencies in distributing it.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
The 17% of idiots who ignored all the warnings, television ads, radio ads, and newspaper ads will STILL not be ready for the switch come June. You can bet that they will be bitching and whining in the weeks leading up to it though.

I really hope that all of the networks discontinue analog broadcasts in 9 days just like they were planning on doing.

nined22

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
There will be a few of those "idiots," but by and large, I think the politicians and the media grossly underestimate the public. There's a wall of converter boxes 4 1/2 feet tall right inside the front door of the Radio Shack two miles from my house. If those happen to be all sold out when "the day" arrives, I have plenty of productive things to do instead of watching TV. The way some of these politicians talk about "vulnerable" consumers, you'd think TV was more essential to live than water or air. But it's not, and there are quite a few people who've figured that out.

chris312

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]I really hope that all of the networks discontinue analog broadcasts in 9 days just like they were planning on doing.[/citation]

If that happened, I would forgive all the networks for all the Obama-butt-kissing/Bush-bashing that's been going on despite the fact that both presidents have the same brain-damaged philosophy when it comes to economics.

Status
Not open for further replies.