electric shock suddenly on acer e5

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
recently i have a problem with my laptop(acer e5-475g-53iq), because it tased my hand suddenly recently and some couple weeks ago for no reason, especially when plugging some other device like printer which makes it more risky, it already happened for around 5/4 times i think which im not sure why, but that is pretty annoying as some of the electric shock that hit my hand left some mark(a bit brown color marks) or makes that part of my skin be red for 1/2 days. the part that tased me is around bottom corner part near the touchpad. someone please help/tell me if you encountered this too

Solution
Well, the problem could be the laptop, but if it was in it, I would think that by now you would have fried hardware. Since that isn't the case, yet, then there is probably an external problem.

It is quite possible that it is "Electro-Static Discharge", which is very common in electronic devices.

This can be caused, quite easily actually, by the following things...

1. Wearing polyester (or mostly polyester) clothing.
2. Sitting on a chair that has a plastic back and/or polyester cloth covering it.
3. Having an ungrounded wall outlet.
4. Missing the third prong on your cord.
5. Using the laptop in a room where there is carpet. Caused by rubbing your feet as you head to the laptop or rubbing your feet while using the laptop.

A few...
Well, the problem could be the laptop, but if it was in it, I would think that by now you would have fried hardware. Since that isn't the case, yet, then there is probably an external problem.

It is quite possible that it is "Electro-Static Discharge", which is very common in electronic devices.

This can be caused, quite easily actually, by the following things...

1. Wearing polyester (or mostly polyester) clothing.
2. Sitting on a chair that has a plastic back and/or polyester cloth covering it.
3. Having an ungrounded wall outlet.
4. Missing the third prong on your cord.
5. Using the laptop in a room where there is carpet. Caused by rubbing your feet as you head to the laptop or rubbing your feet while using the laptop.

A few simple solutions are...

Touch a grounded object, any grounded object, which is metallic/iron, before touching the laptop. You can also try getting a static floor mat.

Solution