EliteBook and Power Banks

Jun 30, 2018
I boght a power bank from RavPower (Extreme) and got a "Smart AC Adapter is not functioning properly" type of message. I thought, initially, that it might have been a connector issue. But, later I found out that newer HP notebooks come with a computer chip that keeps you from using an unknown power source. I have some questions for you:

1. Will this keep me from using ANY other kind of power bank (or source)?

2. If not, what PBs have been known to work with my specfic notebook (EliteBook Revolve 810 G3)?

3. Does a special type of connector exist that will bypass this computer chip in the power port?

4. And, lastly, are you able to provide me with a link to a page with information on said computer chip? What it's called, how it works, etc?

Hope you'll be able to help with this.

Jun 30, 2018
In other forums people advise me to go with an HP PB and avoid 3rd party ones because it is not a good idea.

Is it really unsafe (And will it work? Sorry, I know a lot about computers, but I'm not very experienced with this.) to get a RavPower power bank and use a power adapter (with a computer chip) to plug it into my EliteBook? You get it? So it won't reject it.

Thanks in advance.