Emachines E625-5776 touchpad stopped working

G

Hello,
The touchpad of my emachines E625-5776 just stopped working. I have tried several options including restarting the laptop after disconnecting from power and removing the battery, using Fn + F7, F8, F9 and F10 keys and trying to update the device driver. The latter attempt returned with a 'your device driver is working normally' verdict from Windows. Still the problem is not resolved. What else can I do? Please help. RAI

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Besides the device driver, it may need an application to work. You could try to look it up on their website. If not, you have 2 options: you could use it with a mouse, eliminating the need for a touchpad, or you could try to open it up and see if it could be replaced.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
How old is this? More than 2 years then toss it - its the price we pay for technology.
Usually you get a diagnostic tool that tests for input on those screens. I would try to locate and run that otherwise you are in for a replacement..

gehesse

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
Hello,
The touchpad of my emachines E625-5776 just stopped working. I have tried several options including restarting the laptop after disconnecting from power and removing the battery, using Fn + F7, F8, F9 and F10 keys and trying to update the device driver. The latter attempt returned with a 'your device driver is working normally' verdict from Windows. Still the problem is not resolved. What else can I do? Please help. RAI

I had the same pb, did the same things as you with the same result... Then i noticed that the touchpad disable button, close to the power supply and wifi ones, was pressed (the little light was on) !! Easy ! Did you checked that ?

gem0502

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011

I had the same problem, tried your fix and it worked! I would never have known about that little button near the power button. Thank you very much.

timdtoolman

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

I feel like a complete idiot. I have had this laptop for 3 or 4 years and when the touch pad stopped working a couple monthes ago I figured it was just worm out and I was SOL. Thank you for pointing out the disable button to the left of the power button. Problem solved, I am so happy and thankful I found this site.