Enable Voice Messages and Auto Answering in Skype

You can also use Skype as a full-fledged mobile device. This being said, you can enable voice messages in your Skype and can also use it as an auto answering machine while you are either logged off or not at your desk and are unable to answer any incoming call.

Although having voice messages and using your instance of Skype as an auto answering machine makes your entire user experience of using Skype to remain in touch with your colleagues, friends, relatives and family members quite easy, in order to do so you must enable the features manually.

Here is what you need to do:

■Log on to the computer using any account.

■Make sure that Skype is installed on the computer and is successfully running.

■After ensuring that the computer is connected to an active Internet connection, log on to your Skype account using correct credentials.

■On the opened interface, go to Tools > Options.

hWgsMC3.jpg

■On the opened Skype Options box, pane, click to select Calls category.

■From the expanded list, click to select Voice messages option.

■From the right pane, click the Set up voice messaging link.

sO7fov7.jpg

■Once clicked, your default web browser will automatically open up and the Skype web page will be displayed.

■Provide your account credentials (username and password) to sign in to the Skype account on the website.

0YrZm1R.jpg

■Once signed in, click the Activate my voice messages now button.

7jaLkrA.jpg

■After the voice messages have been activated, close the web browser.

■Close the Skype Options box.

■Open the Skype Options box again by going to Tools > Options box and go to
    Calls > Voice messages from the left pane.

■From the right pane, check the Receive unanswered calls as a voice message checkbox.

■Under the Start recording a voice message if section, specify the time duration in seconds in the I do not answer within field to auto answer the calls if you are unable to answer them within the given time period.

■Optionally you can also check the I am already in a call and I reject an incoming call checkboxes as needed to auto answer the calls and record the messages.

jq4cjYx.jpg

■Once done, click the Save button to save the changes.

■Finally click Close to close the Skype Options box.

■Restart Skype to allow the changes to take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.