error code: 0xc00000e9 and stuck on a blue screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2018
My laptop is displaying a message with error code: 0xc00000e9 and stuck on a blue screen titled Recovery. Any clues how to fix this? I can't even figure out how to enter safe mode. Esc brings me to a screen that will allow me to enter setup. It's the same screen I get when entering F12. Neither let me do anything though. F8 doesn't work for me. It just brings me back to the original message with error code.

Solution
I think bugcheck 0xc00000e9 is a unexpected IO error

first thing I would check would be the cables to the hard drive. if the drive is older you might be getting read errors from the drive.

what you would do depends on if the age of the machine (drive) and if you have backups of your data

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I think bugcheck 0xc00000e9 is a unexpected IO error

first thing I would check would be the cables to the hard drive. if the drive is older you might be getting read errors from the drive.

what you would do depends on if the age of the machine (drive) and if you have backups of your data

Solution

rgd1101

Don't

Please cite the source and not plagiarize
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/error-unexpected-io-error-encountered-while-trying/7ce07a42-599a-4fa2-8448-6f156373b79e

Status
Not open for further replies.