Error messages from Avast Premier about Malwarebytes Premium

whitmanbe09

Prominent
Nov 16, 2017
I have been using Avast Premium and Malwarebytes Premium for about 3 years. All at once I'm getting error messages from Avast. It says that I'm stuck in passive mode and won't enable the rootkit. It says I have to uninstall Malwarebytes. Should I uninstall it then reinstall it? I have both scanning continually.

Solution
I think Avast is jelaus because there is another antivirus software installed. Just kidding. So each antivirus has its technique for scanning. And Avast thinks that malwarebytes is a virus just because it uses that specific technique. I reccomend (if that option is avalible) make Avast ignore Malwarebytes. If not then you need to delet Avast or Malwarebytes.

mark.potocnik555

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
I think Avast is jelaus because there is another antivirus software installed. Just kidding. So each antivirus has its technique for scanning. And Avast thinks that malwarebytes is a virus just because it uses that specific technique. I reccomend (if that option is avalible) make Avast ignore Malwarebytes. If not then you need to delet Avast or Malwarebytes.

Solution

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017
First of all, we appreciate you being an Avast customer and I apologize for any trouble here.

This may be related to the Windows Defender Action Center. Do you see an option in Malwarebytes to "never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center?" This may resolve the conflict and allow Avast to become your "primary" AV -- as far as Windows is concerned, anyway :) Both would still be running.

If that doesn't help, try running an online repair of Avast (Control Panel -> Programs -> Highlight Avast and change -> Select Online Repair then reboot)

If the problems persist after that, please reach out to support -- since you are a Premier customer, you can submit a ticket directly: https://support.avast.com/en-us