Excel Hyperlink takes me to the wrong place

leonflint3108

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
I have 2 gmail e-mail accounts 1 private and 1 business. When i am in business e-mail account I highlight the address of the clients e-mail copy and paste it as a hyperlink in Excel. When I click on this Hyperlink it takes me to My private e-mail inbox. If I copy the address directly into google address bar it has no trouble finding the correct e-mail account and exact e-mail, not just the inbox. Any suggestions please

Solution

Not without editing every link to make sure it starts in the web browser manually.

Or you can try to set the default action for opening emails to use the web browser but I am not sure that will work properly. If you right-click on the link you may get a menu to select how to open that link, that may be a work-around.

Not without editing every link to make sure it starts in the web browser manually.

Or you can try to set the default action for opening emails to use the web browser but I am not sure that will work properly. If you right-click on the link you may get a menu to select how to open that link, that may be a work-around.

Solution