externa hard disk not detected

Ishani_2

Commendable
May 27, 2016
i have an external sea gate hard disk. whenever i am connecting it to the usb port it is being detected and led goes on but it is not shown in my computer and after 1 min i led goes off automatically and it is not detected. even in device manager it is only being detected for a minute then automatically gets off.
i could see an unknown device in the device manager with exclamation mark and greyed icon , i right click on it then selected uninstall and then restarted the computer but the problem remains

Solution
Hi there Ishani_2,

Do you have important data stored on the drive? Is the drive under warranty?

I believe you can attach the drive with another USB cable to a different USB port or even computer.
In case the issue persists, then there is something wrong with the enclosure or the HDD itself. In that case, your safest bet for recoverying the data would be to contact a data recovery company.
If you don't really need it and if the drive is under warranty, you can contact the place you got it from and RMA it.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there Ishani_2,

Do you have important data stored on the drive? Is the drive under warranty?

I believe you can attach the drive with another USB cable to a different USB port or even computer.
In case the issue persists, then there is something wrong with the enclosure or the HDD itself. In that case, your safest bet for recoverying the data would be to contact a data recovery company.
If you don't really need it and if the drive is under warranty, you can contact the place you got it from and RMA it.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution