External Hard Drive not being recognized by Asus

Techques

Commendable
May 15, 2016
I am trying to transfer an external Seagate hard drive to an Asus laptop. It's not being recognized, and there is no option to change the drive or path. It's grayed out. I can see the usb Seagate under device manager under disk drives so it is not dead. I don't want to do convert to disk management, because I don't know enough about that. Thanks

Solution
is it only showing lost data???...are u using full version of m3???
it shd be able to recover everything if the files are not corrupted beyond recovery...

Techques

Commendable
May 15, 2016
I don't know how to paste a screen shot, but it just says the Seagate hard drive that I have. When I right click it, it says update driver software, uninstall, scan for hardware changes, and properties.

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
does it show uninitialised/raw???

for screenshot, u need to use "print screen" key and then copy it to clipboard or ms paint...then upload it to sum image hosting site like imgur.com and paste the link here...
it wud be helpful if u can do tht...

also wat kind of data r u tryng to transfer??? important or expendable???

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016

u r checking at the wrong place...these options are from device manager...
u need to go to disk management...right click on computer and select manage and then disk management....
or simply type disk management in start menu...

Techques

Commendable
May 15, 2016

I checked there, but it doesn't allow me to change the path. It only says convert to disk management.

Techques

Commendable
May 15, 2016

Then my computer must not be able to read it.

Techques

Commendable
May 15, 2016

It says convert to disk management. I don't want to mess up my computer.