Davis Jon

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
my external WD my passport ultra is not detected in every computer however when i connect it, it installs drivers well and windows notifies me that it is ready to be used but i cannot see it on the list of HDD in my computer.

Davis Jon

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016

actually i have tried that but the option of assigning a new letter is not accessible so it is not possible to do it

Davis Jon

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016

when i open it i see like five options but only the properties option is hignlighted the rest are not available for me to use

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there Davis Jon,

Sorry that you are facing any issues with your WD drive. :(

Is this a new drive, or you have been using it for a while?
Do you have some important data stored on it?

I believe it would be of help, if you post a screenshot of Disk Management, so we can see how the drive appears over there. Just attach the picture to an image hosting website and post the link.

Apart from that, some basic things you can try:
- Attach the drive with a different cable.
- See if you can test it with WD's DLG tool. Run both short and extended tests on it: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=nrbXNt

Let us know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)

Davis Jon

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016

man i have tried everything but it aint working but when i connect it, it installs clearly all the drivers but cant be detected even in management i see it as WD passport but it doesnt display the capacity