External Headset Microphone not working/recognized.

Dreamslayer

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
So...I've had this problem for a while now. Everything went normally, until all of sudden ALL external headset microphones (I tried this with both the TB 50P and the HyperX Cloud) are undetected. They're not picking up sound or anything in ANY program, Audacity, TS3, etc. Before you ask: I'm using a Samsung NP270E5VK05IT Laptop with Win10, the internal mic works properly and the microphone is not showing if I check the "show disabled devices" box. Also, the audio is played in the headset properly and it shows a notification when I plug/unplug them, althought I they're not detected too. But that's normal: I think they NEVER showed up anyway, not even when the mic worked.
What I've tried so far:
- Updating/Reinstalling drivers: useless.
- Checking for disabled devices: useless.
- Changing privacy settings: useleeess.
I would really appreciate some help, I'm currently banging my head againist a wall desperately.

Well if the device is still under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement.

If it isn't under warranty any longer, and you feel comfortable doing the work, I would suggest opening it up and seeing if anything on the jack is loose/disconnected. This would explain the problem. Either that or the jack being damaged.

Dreamslayer

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016

Thanks for the suggestion. Before doing this, do you think there is anything else I can try?