Facebook account deletion

kaushik37

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
Suppose, if I go for permanent deletion of my Facebook account, would any trace of the account be left anywhere (I mean to say, in any websites, links or other accounts)?

fudgecakes99

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014
Yes, their will always be some data left, along with all the data facebook already pawned off to advertisement companies among other companies, also your file is never really gone. Save going to facebook and destroying all their servers and cloud servers.

kaushik37

Honorable
Nov 26, 2013
The Facebook help forum says, after 90 days, almost the maximum of the personal data would be deleted from the account. But, as you have said, some of the data would still be left. If anyone goes for permanent deletion of the account, Facebook takes 14 days to start their permanent deletion activity. Does the data deletion process start from the moment one would delete the account, or does it start after 14 days, or 90 days? Also, does Facebook gives any messages or emails before permanent deletion of the account?

fudgecakes99

Estimable
Mar 17, 2014

I'd imagine they're would be a trial deletion and an email notifying you at the very least. I figure it's actually still really easy to get your account back even after 90 days. I strongly doubt they'll actually delete the account, it's how they make money, plus the data is already out their so theirs no "actual" way to delete it. But thats the extent of it what ever damage was done is already done, and in the hands of companies.

MarkW

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Yeah you get an email telling you that the account has been closed.

And then after that, every month or so, they send you a reminder that you can come back. I think that lasted about 6 months before they finally gave up and quit sending those emails to me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Social Networking 1
S Social Networking 1
Hordofa Jemal Social Networking 1
Danko74 Social Networking 2
S Social Networking 3
H Social Networking 4
O Social Networking 1
J Social Networking 1
M Social Networking 3
J Social Networking 1
henrytcasey Social Networking 4