Facebook Hacked by Zero-Day Java Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

universal remonster

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
[citation][nom]johnnyevil[/nom]Delete. Your. Accounts.[/citation]

It wouldn't matter. All of your personal info is retained by Facebook even after you delete an account.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]universal remonster[/nom]It wouldn't matter. All of your personal info is retained by Facebook even after you delete an account.[/citation]

That is absolutely incorrect. This used to be true many years ago and is no longer.

The privacy commissioner in Canada told Facebook their retention of data of deleted users violated Canadian Privacy Laws and Facebook not only made changes to remove deleted users data forever after X number of days of deletion (believe 30), they applied this to all global users.

---

Deletion
When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from Facebook. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. You can delete your account here. Learn more.
Certain information is needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account. Some of the things you do on Facebook aren't stored in your account, like posting to a group or sending someone a message (where your friend may still have a message you sent, even after you delete your account). That information remains after you delete your account.

http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info

So many homers on TH that gave the above comment a thumbs up, pathetic, just haters who don't even know policies have changed almost 3 years ago...

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]susyque747[/nom]Facebook and Twitter are for Tools & Fools, no sympathy for them.[/citation]

You're a moron, its a way for people to exchange information, there's nothing wrong with them. People from simple internet users to multi-billion dollar IT companies use both services.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]fnh[/nom]Falsify. Your. Accounts.[/citation]

What's to falsify? What are you even talking about?

It was Facebook employee's using a website that contained a Java vulnerability, this did not effect actual Facebook users or their data.

Wow, people can't even read a few sentences to understand what an article is before making unrelated comments...

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Looks like wemakeourfuture is a FB zealot. Good thing he's not involved in making my future...LOL.
I, for one, couldn't care less about FB. People that post personal info on sites like these should agree that info is not theirs anymore.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I always laugh when I hear about people being surprised that they got hacked even though they have their computers patched and latest antivirus, etc - it's like their new to computers and don't understand that patches only take care of past known vulnerabilities - they do nothing for stuff that is being discovered every hour of every day.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]You're a moron, its a way for people to exchange information, there's nothing wrong with them. People from simple internet users to multi-billion dollar IT companies use both services.[/citation]
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]Wow, people can't even read a few sentences to understand what an article is before making unrelated comments...[/citation]
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]So many homers on TH that gave the above comment a thumbs up, pathetic, just haters who don't even know policies have changed almost 3 years ago...[/citation]
When you triple post, taking up half of the comment section, to do nothing other than call TomsHardware users morons, you aren't exactly making a good case for yourself, buddy. When something is upvoted, it generally means people agree with it, regardless of your own opinion.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Java: Great programming languageOracle: Missing in action[/citation]Knock knock.

Who's there?

....Java.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]You're a moron, its a way for people to exchange information, there's nothing wrong with them. People from simple internet users to multi-billion dollar IT companies use both services.[/citation]

Nice name-calling... But no, you are incorrect. That is their facade, but they actually are the biggest sources of data collection services, advertising, etc. and also happen to be the current world's largest malware infection source sites today. Think about it... They don't charge you anything to use their services/servers/etc. But yet they're worth Billions themselves... And now both FB and Tw have 'track where I am' type services... Sure, this is just to keep your friends who really could not give 2 hoots about you your active location... And that's all... Right. If you really believe that. But even without the (also rediculious) conspiracy theories of it's function, it is data that can be used for advertising and other data collection. Not to mention the possible list of crimes made easier with that type of information. And that's just one aspect.

I stopped using FB Long ago and removed all of my photos when they were going to make that policy change. I never liked Twitter. No one cares what I'm doing immediately right now unless they are with me doing it. Honestly, the thought that someone would sit there and really have to/want to know my every thought and action alone is very concerning at a minimum.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
You guys that are pooping on java prolly poop on ms and laugh everytime a windows user gets a malware...

Meanwhile, back on your ios/macos machine, who knows how much malware is flowing thru your system because the creator was such an egotistical maniac that he declared that there are "No virus's on the macintosh", and didn't even bother building even a mediocre free anti-virus program..........

Status
Not open for further replies.