Facebook locked my account saying I'm using fake name which I'm not, where do I send id photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariak

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
After using Facebook for 7years with my real name FB all of a sudden locked my account saying I'm using a fake name. I missed the first link to send verification with my ID photo and now I can't find where to send verfication to show that it's really me! I tried FB help desk but I can't find a link to follow! Where can I send verifications?

Solution
You can either go to reset you password by “Forgot Your Password?” ...
or you may use "Compromised Account"
- Open the Facebook homepage and click “Help” in the lower right-hand corner to access the form to report a compromised account. Look for “My email address or my Facebook account has been compromised.”

Abmario

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
You can either go to reset you password by “Forgot Your Password?” ...
or you may use "Compromised Account"
- Open the Facebook homepage and click “Help” in the lower right-hand corner to access the form to report a compromised account. Look for “My email address or my Facebook account has been compromised.”

Solution

Debra Daun

Estimable
Aug 1, 2014
My friend also got locked out and tried to submit information. They apparently did not accept it and the account has now been locked for months. I just tried using the link to send his id, but it keeps telling me that information is missing or incorrect, so will not send.

Debra Daun

Estimable
Aug 1, 2014
My friend tried submitting ID as requested, but the account is not unlocked. We just tried sending alternate ID for another name (yes, he has two that can be substantiated), but the form given in the link above just says "information is missing or incorrect". I have just sent a problem report from my own Facebook account to see if there is a workaround. I sent in a "report a problem", "other", with the .Jpeg attached. I also sent in a feedback stating that this insistence on ferreting out "fake" identities is actually violating the privacy, security, and safety of some who may have very good reason for an alternate ID, such has hiding from an abusive ex-spouse, or to make it harder to mine information for Identity Theft. Now I will just see what happens....

Status
Not open for further replies.