Facebook Testing Out Price Points for Pay-for-Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
"We are testing some extreme price points to see what works to filter spam,"

yeah and i'm gonna test charging people to say hello to me , just to filter out all the a-holes in life ..

here is the sentence fixed

"We are testing some extreme price points to see what morons are willing to pay us ,"

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
I have a Facebook account that I rarely use it, but this seems like an excellent way for me to ask all those celebrities the important questions that have been nagging me throughout the years. I'll finally have an avenue to ask Honey Boo Boo how she got her nickname... or Kim Kardashian if all that junk is real or surgically implanted... or just to voice my opinion over what a celebrity chose to wear or their hairdo.

Seriously though, I see no practical purpose for this. If I have a product issue, I contact the company via their website. If I have a nagging question about a celebrity, I make an appointment with a shrink because obviously I am insane.

Other than that, who else would I need to contact that I don't know?

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
It's called Twitter and it's free, for anybody who is enough of a loser to feel the need to talk to a complete stranger just because they're a celebrity. One cool thing about geeks and nerds, we don't usually drool and fawn over celebrities enough to think we have some connection with them and need to talk to them, we don't wonder who The Woz is cheating with, what Bill Gates had for breakfast at some restaurant last week, or what Gabe Newell wore to the mall.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]sheepsnowadays[/nom]If someone doesn't want to talk to me, why the hell would I pay to talk to them?[/citation]
Stalkers

G

"Whatever the case, if this ends up actually becoming a thing, some celebrities are going to get a lot of messages from endearing fans."

Ah, no. Some people who are managing the Facebook account of said celebrities are going to get a lot of messages. There are not that many Wil Wheatons in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.