Facebooking Not A Sin, Says Pope Benedict

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dapneym

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
Really, why should anyone really care what the Catholic Church's position on Facebook (or frankly anything) is in this day and age? They're just fishing for ways to stay relevant...

P.S. Tom's, as others have already mentioned, it would do you a lot of good to invest in some staff to proof your articles before you put them on the site. It seems the incidence of poor grammar and typos has increased enormously as time has passed.

gsxr1181

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
"Catholic Christians lacking proper guidance from Pope."

Thankfully I don't live my life in a bubble like a lot of these bible thumpers. Geeee

geof2001

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
[citation][nom]dapneym[/nom]P.S. Tom's, as others have already mentioned, it would do you a lot of good to invest in some staff to proof your articles before you put them on the site. It seems the incidence of poor grammar and typos has increased enormously as time has passed.[/citation]

Why pay for something they get for free? They just go in and back edit and delete our posts.

G

[citation][nom]JasonAkkerman[/nom]You do know what/who the pope is?[/citation]

An old fat guy with a funny hat and dress?

G

who gives a damn what the stupid Pope says. He's just a old retard

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
just because the pope thiks that fb is/not a sind does not affect me a bit.
but i personally think that fb is a bit of addiction that could do with some curbs

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]When his priests are caught molesting children I think he loses the whole authority to tell people what to do[/citation]
That means the president of the united states loses the authority to tell people what to do as well? his Citizens have been caught molesting children too.

what an ignorant thing to say!

randomizer

Distinguished

Anyone in a position of authority has a responsibility to keep their underlings in line. Why do you think CEOs get paid obscene amounts of money? Because they do a lot of work? Certainly not. It's because they carry the weight of responsibility that comes with being the face of the company. When something goes wrong, the CEO is always the first target for attack.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
woooh close call by the pope. thought i was gonna have to join the Buddhists. *sarcasm as if i cared*

oh but i must care, cuz i clicked on the article.

its too bad masturbating is a sin. looks like all men are going to hell

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]CoryInJapan[/nom]ok those are no Christians..u dont need a mediator to talk to god...u can talk to him through jesus christ..and as a christian myself...I dont need no one telling me if Facebook is ok or not. Wake up people..organized religion defeats the purpose of Christianity..its to be like christ..love one another..and live the life that god would want you to...everyday..not just on Sundays."Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."james 1:27[/citation]

Controlling people is the whole point of religion...

sockso

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]CoryInJapan[/nom]ok those are no Christians..u dont need a mediator to talk to god...u can talk to him through jesus christ..and as a christian myself...I dont need no one telling me if Facebook is ok or not. Wake up people..organized religion defeats the purpose of Christianity..its to be like christ..love one another..and live the life that god would want you to...everyday..not just on Sundays."Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."james 1:27[/citation]

Ah, that's a relief. Thanks for settling the Catholic/Protestant debate at long last.

bayouboy

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]silverblue - Most of us who are going to hell aren't being told so though. Since we live in such a politically correct world anymore.[/citation]

I've driven through Hell, MI once. Has a county store and a diner. I don't know why you think most people are going there. Not much of a reason to go. I would be at a loss if someone told me I was going to Hell cause I am pretty sure I have no reason to go back there. Plus, who can tell the future like that? Psychics are bogus along with all that other woo.

Status
Not open for further replies.